[WriteLog] WriteLog Digest, Vol 151, Issue 3

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Sun Jul 5 17:22:11 EDT 2015

In my opinion this WriteLog upgrade will do nothing for your IC-756PROII.
The radio itself must have a new firmware upgrade which provides some new
CI-V commands that allow WriteLog to reset the RIT to zero by using the %O
command.  Does the IC-767PROII have a USB port or other means of doing a
firmware update?  I know my old IC-756PRO does not.

In any event, according to Icom, the firmware update affects only the
IC-7100, IC-7600, IC-7700 and IC-7800 transceivers.  I believe the new
IC-7850 and IC-7851 models already have this firmware update built into
them.  The brochure concerning the new CI-V command set can be examined at
http://www.icomamerica.com/en/downloads/default.aspx?Category=390.  Click on
the Download link for CI-V Upgrade.

73,
Gary AL9A