[WriteLog] WlFlexLib11.27

Keith Regli keith at kregli.com
Mon Jul 6 11:47:10 EDT 2015

Hey Joe,

I tried it a little with my 6500 this morning.  So far not much luck with
the new driver.  I don't think you'll have to uninstall/reinstall stuff to
switch as the comm happens on the Ethernet rather than a serial port; so no
real conflicts (although I wouldn't try both at the same time...).
Hopefully others with have had more success.  I'll be trying again later,
but it's still a "Kenwood" until I learn more.

Keith (K7KAR)

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 8:46 AM, joeduerbusch <k0bx at arrl.net> wrote:

> I own a Flex 6300.  I have been a Writelog (WL) User for a very longtime.
> I use WL as my on-line log both in and out of contests.  I then upload the
> logs into DXbase.
>
> Here is my question.  I have been looking at the new rig drive that WL just
> came out with called WlFlexLib 11.27.  It seems from the instructions that
> it replaces the "CAT" control that comes with the Flex software?  Should I
> disable or delete Flex's CAT control?  Although I use WL for SSB, CW and
> RTTY logging, I still use FlDig for Psk.  Am I going to have to uninstall
> the WL driver and reinstall the Flex CAT control??
>
> I have seen no discussion about this driver.
>
> Thanks Joe K0BX
>
> --
>
> #1 Honor Roll Mixed
> Honor Roll RTTY
> 5BDXCC Plus 30,17,12
> 5BWAS
>

> Stop the insanity!
> Please do not add me to any distribution lists (Joke, Stories or Junk)
> without my permission.

Keith Regli
mailto://keith@kregli.com
http://www.kregli.com