[WriteLog] WAV file locator

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Mon Jun 29 17:56:28 EDT 2015

Steve,

First thing to check is your writelog.ini file.  In the [Configuration]
section look for a setting that starts with:

WaveFileLocation=C:\

This line tells WriteLog where to look for your wav files.  It may have
gotten corrupted somehow so make sure it correctly spells out the exact path
name to the location of your wav file.

Next, use Windows Explorer to navigate to the path location spelled out in
the WaveFileLocation definition and verify that the wav files are actually
there.  If you find them there then start up WriteLog and go to Entry/Change
Operators...  Make sure there are no operator call signs or names specified
here.  If there are, WL will ignore the WaveFileLocation defined in the ini
file and attempt to use wav files in a sub-folder with the operators call or
name.  If that is an empty folder no wav files will play.

If all is ok to this point go to Setup/Sound board options... and click on
the Wave File Location... button.  This should open a Windows Explorer
window to the path location in WaveFileLocation.  In the lower right corner,
just above the Open and Cancel buttons is a drop box for the type of files
that will be displayed.  This should be set to "WAVE files (*.wav)".  If it
is you should see a list in the file window of various wav files.  Click on
any one of them and then Open.  You must select at least one of the wav
files to put this location into effect.  This should reset the path name to
the correct location and make all the wav files there no usable by WL.  When
done and you are back at the Sound Board tab click on OK.  You should be
good to go now.

73,
Gary AL9A