[WriteLog] How to use FTdx5000 DVS in Writelog?

Bruce King bruce at regis-consulting.com
Tue Mar 3 19:30:06 EST 2015

I'm trying to set up Writelog to control a Yaesu FTdx5000 DVS. I have
read the article in the JUG NCCC December 2011 newsletter, the FTdx5000
User Guide and CAT manuals, and the Writelog help file sections on Rig
commands.  From what I see, this set up should work-

set up this section in the Writelog.ini file

[YAESU_COMMANDS]

;SSB messages

Macro_20=PB01;

Macro_21=PB02;

Macro_22=PB03;

Macro_23=PB04;

Macro_24=PB05;

define these buffer contents for SSB using the SSB/RTTY/CW messages tool

F11: %GK20

F2: %GK21

F3: %GK22%L

F4: %B%B%GK23

F5: %GK24

But it doesn't. As I understand things, the macro's have the rig command
to play the desired message and depressing the desired F key should
cause Writelog to send the matching rig command to the rig. I have
substituted GT for GK in the message buffers on the chance that either
keyboard or transmit focus was the "wrong" choice.

I assume this has been done and I'm missing something simple....

suggestions appreciated.

Thanks and 73

Bruce W1CSM

Bruce A. King