[WriteLog] Writelog Slowing Down

Ken Widelitz widelitz at gte.net
Sun Mar 29 21:22:44 EDT 2015

I've noticed that Writelog has slowed down to the extent that Super Check
Partial doesn't update for a few seconds and there is a delay in being able
to enter a call when a backup is written after a couple of thousand calls
are in the log. This is on an old XP computer that has only developed this
problem recently. I record audio to the hard drive.

I was thinking about getting an SSD drive to speed things up. Apart from
saving the log and audio to the SSD drive, any suggestions for what other
Writelog I/O functions might be moved to the SSD drive that might help solve
the problem? Any other suggestions are welcome. I have found that not having
a browser open while using Writelog helps a little.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT