[WriteLog] Several annoying problems from ARRL SS CW

Randy Thompson K5ZD k5zd at charter.net
Sat Nov 14 09:00:25 EST 2015

I also experienced #1.  There are some fields where only text is expected
and they should not do the cut number thing.  The precedence and section
fields are examples.  Perhaps the entry window setup could have an option to
turn cut number handling on or off for each field.

I have seen #2 happen when using the microKeyer and the YCCC SO2R box.  It
is worst the very first time and then usually not so bad.  Can't tell if
some memory swapping has to happen or what, but it is annoying when it
happens.

WL doesn't do packet filtering very well for some contests.  It needs to be
more aware of the contest module that is in use and the relevant target
callsigns.  The option is to do the filtering at the Cluster.

Randy, K5ZD