[WriteLog] Configuring Winkeyer in Writelog

Bruce Sawyer aquariusds at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 1 20:28:03 EDT 2015

I recently purchased a Winkeyer to use with my K3.  After some fumbling, I
have it all working correctly.  However, when I start Writelog (the newest
version which I just downloaded yesterday) I always have to go back into the
Setup|Ports menu and turn off CW next to my K3, turn it on for COMM7 (where
I have the Winkeyer connected), and change the CW keying specification to
"Winkeyer2" instead of having the rig generate the CW.  It makes no
difference that I save this configuration; Writelog always comes back up
with the K3 generating the CW instead of the Winkeyer.  What am I doing
wrong?

Bruce, N6NT