[WriteLog] Russian WW Digital Contest - Update

Don AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 1 22:05:26 EDT 2015

Upon further testing, the Russian DX Contest module does not work well on RTTY. You can click on a callsign and it will populate the Call field in the Entry Window. However, when you click on a serial number, it also populates the Call field of the Entry Window instead of the RCVD field. If it's a Russian callsign in the Call field, it prefills the Oblast in the RCVD field and this is very nice, but for non-Russian stations you would have to manually type in the serial number in the RCVD field. This is not good.
The Russian RTTY WW module does not work well either because it prefills the RCVD field with the CQ zone of non-Russian calls in the CALL field. When you click on a serial number, it replaces the callsign in the CALL field with the serial number and that's no good. Having said that. This contest is new and I doubt there will be much activity. It may be beneficial to have this module prefill the Oblast and just manually type in the serial number for non-Russian stations.
There is another option which appears to work. In my list of modules, I have a Russian PSK WW Contest module which came from the SM6SRW module package. It seems to work OK. You can click on a callsign and it populates the CALL field. You can then click on a report (either a Russian Oblast abbreviation like MA or a serial number) and it populates the RCVD field. However, if you click on 599, it replace the callsign in the CALL field (so don't click on 599 or better yet, get rid of the RST field - email me if you don't know how). Also, it has no Cabrillo output so you would have to output to ADIF, open a new log in WriteLog using the Russian DX Contest module, import the ADIF from the Russian PSK WW log, save the log then Export this to Cabrillo. For non-Russian stations, the Cabrillo output looks fine and puts transmit serial numbers in for you. For Russian stations it may be better to use ADIF2CABR to make your Cabrillo file from the PSK contest module log ADIF output.

So far I haven't found any hidden bombs to blow this one up although there may be one in there.
SM6SRW module package located here:
http://writelog.com/downloads/third-party

Instructions on using the Legacy Installer to install the SM6SRW module package here:
http://www.rttycontesting.com/tutorials/writelog2/legacy-installer-helper/

SP7DQR program ADIF2CABR here:
http://sp7dqr.pl/en/converters.php

73, Don AA5AU