[WriteLog] Spots on the band map

Bruce King bruce at regis-consulting.com
Sun Sep 6 12:52:32 EDT 2015

I use my numeric keypad for this as well with shortcut keys set up as

7 for go to next mult up band

1 for go to next mult down band

9 for go to next station up

3 for go to next station down

I found that I wasted a lot of hand movement time when doing click and
pounce so I also added shortcuts for

5 for send F4 (my call)

2 for send F2 (exchange)

73 Bruce W1CSM

Message: 3

Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2015 11:47:49 -0800

From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a at mtaonline.net>

To: <writelog at CONTESTING.COM>

Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Spots on the band map

                reply-type=original

George,

Yes, there is a way to do this.  You set up some keyboard shortcuts in
WL using readily available shortcut commands.  Below are the four
shortcut keys I use.

[KeyboardShortcuts]

MULTIPLY=EntryGotoNextMultUpBandmap

Ext_DIVIDE=EntryGotoNextMultDownBandmap

SUBTRACT=EntryGotoNextStnUpBandmap

PAUSE=EntryGotoNextStnDownBandmap

My keyboard has an external numeric keypad so I use three keys from the
numeric keypad and one other unused key, the PAUSE/BREAK key.  As
configured if I want to jump from mult to mult I hit the multiply key
"*" which jumps to the next mult UP in the bandmap.  It ignores any good
calls in the band map as well as all dupes.  To go the other direction I
hit the divide key "/" on the keypad and it jumps to the next mult DOWN
the band map.  Note that this key is identified as Ext_DIVIDE, which is
separate from the normal "/" next to the SHIFT key on the keyboard.
This key is still needed for portable or mobile calls.

The other two shortcut keys also jump from call to call, either a good
call or a mult call.  They too ignore dupes.  As the shortcut key stops
on a call WL auto fills the CALL field in the Entry window.  Jump to the
next call and the CALL field auto updates.  If the spots are fairly
accurate, both in the call sign itself and in the spotted frequency you
can quickly cruise up and down the band map spots without ever touching
the mouse.

73,

Gary AL9A