[WriteLog] writelog sticks with a lot of qsos

Dean St. Hill dmsthill at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 18:21:13 EDT 2015

Kostas

Not an expert by any means but I have had similar problems. Usually it is
related to the combination of memory, processor and other apps that might
be running on the same computer as well as possibly network load though I
cannot be 100% sure.

In my situation there was an issue with drivers and the operating system
hogging resources and not returning unused memory. This I believe is why
you see things get better after a reboot and get bad again eventually.

I would try not to run stuff I don't need and keep configurations simple.
Also if you have unused ports in your microham keyer device, you should try
deleting them - the virtual ports that are unused.

If you go through your systems systematically I'm sure you will find things
running that could/should be turned off when contesting.

In my case another culprit was anti-virus. I turn mine off during contests
but I also don't visit questionable sites while the system is not connected.

Hope you solve the problem. Writelog is great but of course windows does
have its issues.

CHeers

Dean - 8P6SH

*Dean St.Hill*