[WriteLog] ok-om contest

Mike Streeter wm5dx at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 10 16:36:30 EDT 2016

Started in the EA RTTY contest a couple of weeks ago and found the scoring was not correct. Apparently the rules had changed and Writelog had not. Made a few QSO'S and gave up. Sorry that a lot of ops lost points. I was thinking to buy the latest version (my current is 11.24  purchased in January 2015) but guess I'll have to look at other programs since it appears that a number of the contest programs are suspect. I have noticed in the past that in a couple of the contests things have not worked quite as expected, for example, if a callsign is in the entry window but you do not work it and enter it when you click on another callsign it does not replace the one you have not logged but may enter the new call in the exchange location of the entry window. That's as I remember but have not checked recently and my memory doesn't work well either).  Weird. Only happens with some contests (I think the SP RTTY is one of them).I have used Writelog for many years and it is a great program that I would hate not to use but it's no good if it is not usable in a wide range of contests.
Mike, WM5DX.