[WriteLog] ok-om contest

Bob Henderson bob.5b4agn at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 00:50:48 EDT 2016

Wayne

A lot of us have kept the faith with WL for a long time and for good
reason.  WL is an excellent contest logger but keeping abreast of contest
rules with so many events in the annual calendar is clearly proving to be a
significant challenge.

I have done rather well in contests with WL and hope I can continue to do
so but I feel it is getting harder.  A month back I raised concerns over
the scoring irregularities associated with the Russian DX Contest.  These
turned out to be the same concerns reported two years earlier, which went
unaddressed and ended up with at least one high profile contester switching
permanently to an alternative logging package.  Following my note re RDX
others wrote saying they suffered the same problems but felt there was
little interest in fixing them.  I confess I found their opinions hard to
counter given my observations received no acknowledgement, let alone any
commitment they would be addressed.  Scoring in the RDX module has been
incorrect for at least 3 years now.  This is way too long.  Particularly so
when RDX is one of the major events in the annual contest calendar and for
the last two years a WRTC 2018 qualifying event.

I would dearly love to see WL top of the pile in contest logging but it
really can't be when modules for even major contests don't reflect current
rules.

73 Bob, 5B4AGN