[WriteLog] ok-om contest

kostas sv1dpi sv1dpi at otenet.gr
Mon Apr 11 12:51:12 EDT 2016

I sent the following email to the list but I didn't see it, so I re-post it

Because the most of the users think that N1MM works with ok/om contest,
it doesn't. I used Wintest finally which it worked. The most strange is
that my wintest module is old.
It was not in my intension to be aggressive and unfair. I understand
that I was needed to have done my homework and mention prior the contest
that the module has broken.
I like Writelog and this is why I use it. Ok I don't like that my
current version 12.02 has some bugs because my subscription finished
late February and I need to pay again to have the bugs corrected.
But I like the  writelog layout and I want it to be the best. When we
talk with other hams about contest software I don't like to be the fool
who pays for something which the most of the other users get for free.
Of course  is my choise to pay for this software. Because I feel a
Writelog supporter, I would like writelog be the best.
What more Writelog offers? The first one is the complete layout which I
think is better. A second one is that you are not a beta user (even we
had some minor problems with the new ver.12 it plays this way in general).
Are these enough? In my opinion, no. I would expect more and more
contests officially supported, third pary modules updated by writelog
stuff (it is a problem that some modules don't cover cabrillo export or
don't score right or don't work according rules, etc). Also writelog
should be the best by  far in reliability. Finally when the others find
a good trick (as the N+1 window in Super check partial for example), I
expect writelog's team fast reaction and support in next version.

73 Kostas SV1DPI