[WriteLog] Writelog/MMTTY with FT450D

Dean St. Hill dmsthill at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 09:05:00 EDT 2016

Hi guys

I have been helping another ham to get writelog going with MMTTY t get into
RTTY contesting. He is currently using an FT450D along with the original
Micro-Keyer.

After a few curve balls and gotchas - mainly to do with the quirks of this
radio we were able to have a successful QSO.

Now there is one problem - he does not seem to be able to monitor his FSK
signals. The monitor seems to work for CW and SSB but when he is in
DATA/LSB aka RTTY aka FSK nothing gets monitored even though I can print
him perfectly. His rig remains in absolute silence even though monitor is
turned on. We have tried it with headphones, same problem.

I've looked through the manual buy can't seem to come up with any thoughts
on how to resolve even thouh I am suspecting there is something we're
missing in the extensive menu system.

If there is anybody familiar with running the FT450D in FSK aka DATA/LSB
(with the appropriate menu set to RTTY instead of packet) could you help us
to figure out how to montor the RTTY transmissions -- I just can't imagine
not being able to monitor what your transmitted rtty sounds like.

Thanks.

Regards

Dean - 8P2K