[WriteLog] Networking issue

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Mon Feb 15 20:06:59 EST 2016

Yay this works perfectly!  After years of trying I was finally able to
network the cluster in last weekend's RTTY contest.

John KK9A

To:	writelog at contesting.com
Subject:	Re: [WriteLog] Networking issue
From:	"Wayne, W5XD" <w5xd at writelog.com>
Date:	Thu, 17 Dec 2015 22:10:39 +0000

This is a bug in all recent versions of WriteLog. There is a work
around. Edit writelog.ini and make this change:

[network]
UseTcp=1

That is, there is probably already a section in writelog.ini labeled
[network]. Find it and add the above line. It fixes the Packet "Local
Network" connect, which means there might be one machine in your network
that could do without the line. But don't try to figure out which. Add
it to all of them.

Why does this work?  ... let my try this for an answer: "historical reasons"

Wayne