[WriteLog] 3rd Party Contest Module problems

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Wed Feb 17 17:57:07 EST 2016

Wayne,

Messy it is!  I've done some quick checking and here is where I stand at the
moment.  The numbered items here refer to you list below.

1. I can do the uninstall of V12 and restart.
2. I have located on my old Vista computer writelog_full_v11.31.exe that I
downloaded 11/20/2015.  I take I just do the full install and leave any
other updates until later?
3. I have the Legacy Installer Helper on the Win 10 machine and on the old
Vista machine, but I'm assuming a full install of V11.31 would put another
copy into that WriteLog/Program folder.  I can then try the Legacy Installer
again to add the various 3rd party modules.
4. Steve sent me a link for wl1201uFull-sx3mmLf.exe when I first got the Win
10 machine.  I have this file on my machine now, also the wl1202Lmsigupg.exe
which is the version currently installed.
5.So it sounds like after reinstalling V12.01 full I need to do a restart
and then do the V12.02 upgrade?  At least that's what I'm inferring here
since I do have the wl12.01 full install.

Now a couple of other questions.  When this is all done should I go back and
run the wl32Dmsiupg.exe file, which is the last one I have for V11?  When I
am done installing and getting the various 3rd party modules installed how
will this work to operate?  I'm assuming I will have two different WriteLog
program directories, one for V11, the other for V12?  When I want to run a
contest with a 3rd party module I must run under V11 and then for all others
run under V12?  Sounds like something I might forget until I can't find the
right module.

I don't have time this afternoon to tackle this project, but might be able
to give it a go later tonight.  Hopefully I won't thoroughly mess it up!

73,
Gary AL9A