[WriteLog] Multiple crashes in the ARRL/CW Win 10/64

Bill Maurer wb6jjj at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 22 01:49:33 EST 2016

Darren,
I noticed something similar in this contest.  After just a few contacts,
pressing the function key to send my call would start my call normally then
slow way down then would not return to receive mode.  It left the radio in
transmit mode - no power out but the transmit light on the radio and
Navigator was still on.  (Icom IC-756ProIII and Navigator Interface).  It
would also display two identical dialog boxes stating:

 "Server Busy - This action cannot be completed because the "ARRL Int DX
Contest - CW - Feb 21 2016.wl - WriteLog" program is not responding.""

These dialog boxes were over the BandMap and Packet windows.

I had to use Device Manager to close those two programs then close WriteLog
to get the radio out of transmit mode.  This happened three or four times -
sorry DX stations for not responding...  I then quit and went to bed.

Hopefully, it is only the ARRL CW module causing problems...  Maybe WL
version 12 will work better - I just downloaded it to be installed soon.

The other thing that I have noticed is a lack of control from
WriteLog/BandMap/Packet window to control the radio.  I used to be able to
control the radio but right now WriteLog can only listen to the radio
frequency and mode.  I use ACLog to keep all contacts and it is able to
control the radio.  If I click in the BandMap or the Packet window, the
BandMap and WriteLog frequency readout to the left of the entry window
change to the new frequency for a few seconds then return to the current
radio frequency without changing the radio frequency.  Does anyone know how
to fix this issue???

Bill
WB6JJJ