[WriteLog] WriteLog 11.32 and wl_cty.zip - Problem Solved

Jerry Pixton jpixton at shentel.net
Thu Feb 25 15:25:32 EST 2016

Thanks to all for the help!

I solved this problem that has been plaguing this computer for several
years.

As Bruce, W1CSM, suggested it indeed had to do with file permissions on
the six DAT files whose names are in CAPS (CQZONE.DAT etc).

Unlike all the other files in the Program Data\Writelog folder these six
files somehow had "Everyone", "SYSTEM" and "Administrator" as users with
only Read permission but did not have "Jerry" with Write permissions

So when Writelog, running under user=Jerry, downloads the wl_cty.zip and
tries to extract the files, the first of the six files could not write
and the function files.

After trying to gain ownership and add a new user for "Jerry" I realized
that the easiest thing to do was to just delete these six files and let
the zip extraction re-write them. This worked.

I think the new web download has gotten past the "download failure" of
before unless I logged in as Admin.

Again thanks to everyone for the clues that got me on the proper track.

Now on to the other long standing issue I have with MMTTY.

Jerry, W6IHG

Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs
http://www.shentel.net/pixosdesigns/RadioTuner/
jpixton at shentel.net