[WriteLog] Keystrokes via Function Key

Wayne, W5XD w5xd at writelog.com
Fri Jan 8 19:12:21 EST 2016

> N6EE wrote this document on the subject.
> http://www.rttycontesting.com/files/SO2V.pdf
>
> 73, Don AA5AU
I don't recall having seen that document before. I have two additions to
make:

1. There is some commentary at that URL about using the K3 subreceiver
on a different band than the main receiver and difficulty making it
work. There MIGHT be a solution in writelog.ini. Search the help file
for "K3" and look for this INI setting and its documentation.
|[RIGS]K3_USE_ANT_SWITCH </html/cs_ini_rigs.htm>|||The "MIGHT" caveat is
because that feature in WriteLog was coded purely to the K3
documentation and, as far as I know, I have not received any reports
from actual K3 owners about whether it works or not.

2. The list of rigs that WriteLog supports this way was expanded to a
second rig recently: I believe that most of the discussion in the
above-referenced URL also applies to the Flex-6700. The only exception
is that, because the transmit stream on the Flex is 100% digital, AFSK
has no disadvantages (I don't think the Flex even has an FSK input
connector.) You get the shaped waveforms designed by the TU designer,
but with zero risk of the filtering and distortion issues we've been
trained to fear with AFSK.|