[WriteLog] Windows 10

William Maurer wb6jjj at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 26 22:01:15 EST 2016

I'm running Windoze 10 - because the power supply in the older Vista machine broke again.  Over this past weekend, while in a contest no less..., Microsoft in all of their wisdom forced a download and reboot.  I did not get an option to postpone this action - damn them...  This forced upgrade caused WriteLog to not read my radio mode and frequency (Icom 756ProIII).  It changed the port settings in WriteLog thank you very much.  Fortunately, it was easy to find and reset the ports to the correct value.

Be careful out there, Microsoft is not your friend, especially during a contest...  I lost a lot of time waiting for the download and forced installation and fixes.

Bill
WB6JJJ