[WriteLog] Windows 10

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Wed Jan 27 08:30:44 EST 2016

On my radio computers, I always turn off automatic updates for Windows and
my virus software and manually check for updates a few days before a
contest.

John KK9A

To:	Don Hill AA5AU <aa5au at bellsouth.net>
Subject:	Re: [WriteLog] Windows 10
From:	William Maurer <wb6jjj at sbcglobal.net>
Date:	Tue, 26 Jan 2016 19:01:15 -0800

I'm running Windoze 10 - because the power supply in the older Vista machine
broke again.  Over this past weekend, while in a contest no less...,
Microsoft
in all of their wisdom forced a download and reboot.  I did not get an option
to postpone this action - damn them...  This forced upgrade caused
WriteLog to
not read my radio mode and frequency (Icom 756ProIII).  It changed the port
settings in WriteLog thank you very much.  Fortunately, it was easy to
find and
reset the ports to the correct value.

Be careful out there, Microsoft is not your friend, especially during a
contest...  I lost a lot of time waiting for the download and forced
installation and fixes.

Bill
WB6JJJ