[WriteLog] Windows 10

Jim McDonald jim at n7us.net
Wed Jan 27 13:19:04 EST 2016

I did defer updates on my Windows 10 Professional, and now it's not updating at all.  The research I've done seems to attribute the failure to update on deferring the updates.

Jim N7US
Sent from my iPad

On Jan 27, 2016, at 11:56 AM, Jim Preston <jpreston1 at cox.net> wrote:

>> On 1/27/2016 9:19 AM, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:12 PM, Don Hill AA5AU wrote:
>>
>> You can tell Windows 10 not to automatically update by going to Start >
>> Settings > Update & security > Advanced Options, then use the pull-down
>> selection menu at the top and choose "Notify to schedule restart".

> On 1/27/2016 9:19 AM, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
> As far as I know, this only works on Professional and above.  It does
> not work on Windows 10 Home

Actually, this does work on Win 10 Home. It's the deferring of the updates that only works on Professional.

73,

Jim N6VH