[WriteLog] Windows 10

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Wed Jan 27 14:22:06 EST 2016

 > As far as I know, this only works on Professional and above.  It does
 > not work on Windows 10 Home.

Windows 10 -> PC Settings -> Advanced Options.

In the "Choose how updates are installed" box (upper left) select
"Notify to schedule restart"

When updates are downloaded, you will receive a pop-up asking you if
you want to restart now or schedule the restart for later.  If you
use WiFi, define that as a "metered" connection (PC Settings -> Network
& Internet -> Wi-Fi -> Advanced Options) which will prevent Windows 10
from downloading updates at all.

These "hints" work on both Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Professional.
the easiest thing to do is define the Wi-Fi connection as "metered"
on Thursday and delete the "metered" restriction on Monday <G>.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV