[WriteLog] MMTTY and writelog

Dean St. Hill dmsthill at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 03:28:09 EDT 2016

John

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Chances are there are some settings required by the CSS that might be
affecting your real-world contest experience.

Basically the recommended thing is to set aside a saved INI file for use
with the CSS so you can more quickly move from one to the other.

Personally I have found that WriteLog is still one of the easiest and most
intuitive pieces of contest software but I am biased having used it for a
pretty long time. I have had no end of troubles when setting up two other
popular loggers.

We are quite similar as I typically cannot do a whole contest and mostly
can only manage a few hours at a time. What I find works for me is using WL
for all my general and contest logging. As a result I find myself learning
more software features and developing the muscle memory so I do more thongs
without thinking about it.

GL whatever you do but why give up on the gold standard and use something
else when the solution is within reach and probably very easy.

I often have WL running a week or more without rebooting so I have found it
to be quite reliable and robust over time. Windows 10 has had it's issues
with the frequent updates but even so it runs well and often with loads of
other stuff on other virtual desktops.

73 Dean 8P2K

Dean St. Hill

Barbados.JustAskLocals.com