[WriteLog] Sound card interfaces?

W5XB w5xb at att.net
Wed Feb 15 14:38:53 EST 2017

Hi Diddlers,

I have been using the Signalink for a couple of years with my 7800 and running AFSK.

Looked at the specs on West Mountain and MicroHam—especially the USB interface III (it looks like it needs the CI-V which I do not have).

In the past,  several have suggested the sound card chip itself is a major factor in copying weak signals, as well as the filtering of the USB power.

It looks like the MicroHam devices  may be a superior sound chip to the SignaLink and others?

I only run SO1R....and I don’t need lots of “fancy features.”

I noticed during the WPX, I have some problems copying weaker stations and would like to try to improve that.

I don’t know if Joe, W4TV monitors this list, but I am happy to hear ALL suggestions.

What do you all recommend?

Thanks and 73s, Grant, W5XB

w5xb <at> att.net