[WriteLog] WriteLog 12.18 is now available!

Steve Woodruff steve at n9oh.com
Tue Jul 18 08:11:24 EDT 2017

Hi Jeff,

>From the WriteLog manual:

the letters "GP" -- WriteLog polls the rig through its COM port driver to detect the end PTT. WriteLog invokes this polling only if the message is otherwise empty, that is, sends no CW, RTTY or SSB WAV messages. Therefore make sure there are no blank spaces in the message. Note that programming %GK to invoke an external (non-WriteLog) DVK does otherwise leave the message blank, and is processed along with the %GP in the order they appear. So %GKnn followed by %GP enables WriteLog to use an external DVK as if it were a supported one as long as the %GK has the effect of getting the rig's PTT set to on. WriteLog ignores %GP if the rig driver does not support PTT polling. Only certain WriteLog rig drivers support this feature. Currently, only the Elecraft K3 rig driver is supported.
The macros such as this can be found in the help file under "CW and RTTY and Voice Memory Setup"
Thanks,

Steve N9OH