[WriteLog] Need Help programming message memories

Ron Lodewyck rwlodewyck at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 08:55:26 EDT 2017

Need Help programming message memories.

I am trying to program a RTTY function key (or any shortcut key for that
matter) to:
a. Send a control code to the Elecraft K3 to transmit from VFO B
b. Send an exchange e.g. K9RJP 599 5 NY
c. Return transmit to VFO A

Here's what I have tried without success:
1. In Writelog.ini:
[Elecraft_K3_Commands]
Macro_10=FT1;
Macro_11=FR0;

2. In the function key messages:
F3: %R%C 599 5 NY %E
F9: %GK10%M3%GK11%E

where:
FT1; is the K3 command to transmit from VFO B - actually to put into Split
FR0; is the K3 command to remove Split

I know these K3 commands work since I tried:
F9: %GK10
which does put K3 into Split mode and transmit is on VFO B
F10: %GK11
which does remove the Split and transmit resumes on VFO A.

But, as soon as I add a second Rig Command to F9 the commands are ignored.
Once or twice, my K3 actually hung up, as if it got the wrong control code.

I tried another approach without success-

F3: %R%M9%C 599 5 NY %M10 %E
F9: %GK10
F10: %GK11
But again, both rig commands are ignored.
I would really appreciate some help. Thanks!
73,
Ron N6EE