[WriteLog] I hereby claim to be the world record holder for...

Jay ws7ik7tj at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 20:17:21 EST 2018

Having both a remote station which is 100% home brewed and also having
done some contesting at W4AAW the M/M remote contesting station these
are easy enough to overcome.

In a contest which is what after all contesting software is used for
there is no need what-so-ever to use a paddle and little reason to deal
with sidetone either.  Nearly all is handled with preset buffers sent by
function keys or by keyboard entry if necessary.  I did a brief test in
SS CW using Writelog remote. The first QSO with Randy 5ZD didn't come
off very well as he asked for a repeat of something and I didn't have
the messages setup correctly.  But we did get the rather complicated
exchange done in any case.

Most went flawlessly.

Same situation with another recent test when I worked Chris KL9A who was
in TI.  He presented at the local club and said it was no problem
copying my call at 50.  So I hit the old increase speed to 50 and volla
Chris of course QSL'd all.  There are few that can copy WS7I at 50 WPM.
Barry W2UP, and Trey KKN and a few others to include Chris.

Having a latency adjustment like RemAud has is a great idea and pretty
much handles slow pings.  My ping to w4aaw who is in Virginia is 110
which is fairly horrible.  Yet easily adjusted out.  Writelog has its
compression setting on the control site side.

One note is that when you have lurkers on your audio stream it really
eats up the audio which we have found at W4AAW.

Writelog's new interface is awesome for the radio's that it supports.
Looking forward to seeing more on the SW12!  As I may need to implement
that as my switching is rather strange at my remote.

Jay WS7I