[WriteLog] I hereby claim to be the world record holder for...

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Mon Dec 3 22:29:13 EST 2018

So are you going to just send Kathleen to Barbados to set up the equipment
and RX antennas while you stay at home?  One nice thing is that you won't
have to eat all of the delicious seafood and go to the beach before and
after the contest:)

GL!

John KK9A

Tom Georgens W2SC Wrote:

I have been toying  remoting my 8P5A station in Barbados.  Just about
everything I have tried (Skype, TeamViewer, remote rig) have worked to some
degree, and I will spare all the details, but the WriteLog remote is the
most promising path due to its simplicity of interconnect, preservation of
features (SDR/Bandmap) and close integration of the control and remote
sites.  If Wayne can match the audio quality of the Remote Rig, this is the
best and cheapest solution.

Last trip I ran 100 stations on SSB from my apartment, about a mile from the
station.  Nobody could tell I was remote, and the RX and TX audio was
flawless.

Some logistical issues to resolve, plus getting written authorization from
the ministry before I try from home.

Good stuff

Tom W2SC