[WriteLog] WRITELOG and WSJT

Mike Seguin n1jez at burlingtontelecom.net
Sat Dec 15 07:06:45 EST 2018

Hi Don,

Here's info on the 64 bit side from EnterLogic:

====
License
Because of Microsoft Kernel Code signing requirement, we had to purchase
digital signature (price is $499 per year), that is why VSPE is not
freeware for 64 bit platform. For 32 bit platform though, VSPE is free.

For more detailed information please look at User license agreement.
====

The 32 bit version will run on 64 bit.

I run it typically with PowerSDR mRX PS with my ANAN-100 SDR, Writelog
and WSJT-X.

Screen shot of my setup (VPSE setup)is here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EXH86pHZ72MOOPIFHtLXXnBbaxfQQeD2/view?usp=sharing

I create two virtual (pair) ports and then split one. If I had a 'real'
serial port on the radio, I would just create a splitter. Since I'm
running SDR, it's virtual.

PowerSDR setup.png shows the radio virtual port setup:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dijYSpuuoX261yaeCiUykeICsQ3DUiO4/view?usp=sharing

Port sharing.png shows PowerSDR, Writelog and WSJT-X all running:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kmH7HGO-AsMp8qGQujvP5jqhBaVUmh-G/view?usp=sharing

You can see they all show the same Freq. WL and WSTX are polling
PowerSDR via the splitter. There is also PTT via the splitter.

I run VSPE on startup (not as a service). I do this so it's easy to
start/stop if I need make any changes or check performance. I do this by
putting a shortcut in my startup folder (I'm running WIN10).

There are command line options for VSPE. My shortcut uses this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Eterlogic.com\Virtual Serial Ports
Emulator\VSPEmulator.exe" e:\n1jez.vspe -minimize -hide_splash

The VSPE info screen shows the stats on the splitter. You can see WSJT
and WL are connected.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1534jgHGUqEu84PPltBE0VkbM0plU0MrC/view?usp=sharing

On 12/14/2018 10:46 PM, Don Hill AA5AU wrote:

> Mike, can you tell us more about this program?
>
> Thanks,
> Don AA5AU

Mike, N1JEZ
"A closed mouth gathers no feet"