[WriteLog] Server busy

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Sat Jun 2 07:28:40 EDT 2018

I am not sure if this is the answer but I keep all of Windows power saving
features turned off.

John KK9A

Richard Phillips AA9L wrote:

I have been plagued with this problem for a long time.  I am now running
Writelog 12.25E but I have had this problem with previous versions.  My
computer is an AMD FX - Six Core Processor, 3.3 GHz with 16.0 GB of
memory.  I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

The error occurs during a contest if there is a pause of several minutes
in activity,  such as a break to the rest room.

When I try to log the next QSO after the pause the the error will
occur.  The complete dialog is:

Server Busy

This action cannot be completed because the "contest name"
WritelogProgram is not responding.  Choose "switch to" and correct the
problem.

As soon as I click on  "Retry" or "Switch to" the QSO will be logged.

This really screws me up during a contest especially when calling CQ and
the other station is waiting for my confirmation.

Anyone have this same problem?

Thanks, Rich AA9L