[WriteLog] MMTTY FSK vs Rttyrite FSK

Jeff Stai wk6i.jeff at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 12:44:24 EST 2018

I've had it asserted to me that the 45.45 baud timing in native Rttyrite is
better than MMTTY, but in a private conversation with the Writelog
developers they told me they're both the same**. You will have Windows
induced jitter in either case.

That said, if you want the best timing/jitter specs, use either AFSK or
(new feature) use Rttyrite with TinyFSK (an Arduino based FSK generator).
Or use a Microham product that makes FSK.

The 2tone add on also has some good ways to generate clean FSK. Check the
2tone docs for more info.

73 jeff wk6i

** Found it, from WX5D: "I don't know why MMTTY or RttyRite would make a
difference because in both cases the accuracy of the timing is dependent on
the underlying COM port, which would be the same."