[WriteLog] Popular Logging Programs for CQ WW SSB

Alan Maenchen ad6e at arrl.net
Tue Nov 27 12:50:51 EST 2018

I've also used N1MM but always come back home to WL which is better for me.
Operating at some other station, there's no choice and that's almost always
N1MM. It works, but I really don't like it when keys on the keyboard change
function .. for any reason. I've learned to change the N1MM macros such
that "run" and S&P do exactly the same things... and turn off ESM. Then it
becomes a usable logger.  IMHO

N1MM popularity may simply be a testament to the cheapness of typical
hams.  ;-)
The EU guys, of course, prefer EU loggers but they're cheap too.

My only complaint about WL is the inability (maybe I haven't found it yet)
to map three keyboard keys to do:
*  Force audio from both RXs to headphones
*  Force audio from R1 only to headphones regardless of TX focus
*  Force audio from R2 only to headphones regardless of TX focus
I've found the automatic switching to be confusing... like ESM.

BTW, if anyone has a YCCC box for sale, pls let me know off list. My MK2R+
is not feeling well these days.

73, Alan  AD6E / KH6TU