[WriteLog] Is Digirite remotable?

Tom Georgens tomgeorgens15 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 09:55:37 EST 2019

Digirite is not remoteable in its current form.

I have not tried either of these, but they might work.

1. Use a remote control program like Teamviewer and just run  Writelog and Digirite on the computer connected to the radios.

or

2. Use a second computer on the control end.  The first computer runs WL control site as you do now.  The second computer Runs WL in regular mode and digirite, and is networked to the first computer to keep the logs in synch.  The second computer looks like a head set to the first computer and connected to the headphone and mic jacks.  The first computer can still control the remote radio.  You many need to enter the frequencies on the second computers manually.  (Writelog has some kind of frequency synch utility, but I don know if it is generally available.)   I always meant to try this but never got around to it.  The latency may be a problem or there may be some flaw in my thinking.  I do know that networking the two versions of Writelog at the control end does work.

GL Tom W2SC 8P5A