[WriteLog] Cloning BandMap

Jim Johnson jim at kc4hw.com
Sat Nov 16 07:57:52 EST 2019

Found it!  Amazing what you can find when you read the HELP information.  It was hiding on the "Windows" TAB and on the bottom of the menu as "Fixed BandMaps".

There are actually 6 fixed frequency bandmaps that can be opened up, you can commit them to up to 4 radios and set the center frequency of each.  I only have one radio, so with the radio on 20m, I started a couple of the Fixed Frequency BandMap and centered then on 7025 and 3525.  The spots started populating right away.  Additionally I committed them to my only radio as radio #1 and was able to click the appropriate bandmap call/spot and move the radio to the frequency of the call as well as populate the QSO Entry panel from any of the bandmaps I had open.  Also it color codes the calls as is typical in Writelog.  So it works very well.

My vision is getting worst and worst these days and it is hard to sort out the "Packet Spots" panel sometimes, so I thought that it would be useful to sort out the spots by individual bandmap during CQ WW CW and see it it would help with the spots and let me know when another band might be open, as well as not overlooking a mult.   I don't think I need 6 of them open, but would be nice to have a couple of them open on different bands to maybe have a better reference to what is going on.

Thanks for continuing to support this feature!

Jim/KC4HW