[WriteLog] DigiRite CQ Message?

Jim Johnson jim at kc4hw.com
Thu Sep 12 07:37:09 EDT 2019

Been using DigiRite with the General DX record keeping--all seems to be OK.

After WW DIGI, while using the General DX module, my default CQ message was
"CQ DX KC4HW EM71".

Have been playing with the RTTY setup in anticipation of CQ WW RTTY later this
month.  Added/imported messages from a past CQ WW RTTY entry.  Which changed my
F01 Message to TEST KC4HW CQ.

So I go to do a little GP operating and perhaps DXing on FT8 (FT4 was dead)
last night and found that the default CQ message had changed to "CQ KC4HW EM71".

Actually I prefer the CQ DX message in this type operating.  I did see in
DigiRite Readme file that DigiRite uses the F01 message to formulate the CQ
message for whatever contest module is selected (maybe I understand this
correctly).  Anyway I change my F01 Message to read CQ DX KC4HW CQ, but this
did not appear to have the desired effect.

So how can I change the message for FT8/FT4 to utilize "CQ DX" during general
operating?

Jim/KC4HW

PS:  I actually looked back through a few months of Writelog email that I have
and did not see anything that might answer this question.  Further I found the
Writelog email reflection and the archive goes way back, but unfortunately it
does not have the ARCHIVE SEARCH enabled.  Mailman does provide for this
feature in it setup screen, so I for one would like to lobby that this feature
be enabled in the future.  Thanks!