[WriteLog] Recording DVK Messages

Jim Johnson jim at kc4hw.com
Fri Sep 27 07:25:21 EDT 2019

I am using a MicroHam MicroKeyer (MK) with a Heil Headset connected to the mic input on the MK connected through to the radio.  This appears to be working because I can speak into the mic and the radio keys and audio pass through--tested it on the air.

Still need some help!

I would like to get the "record on the fly" working and it seems that I can not get the headset mic to record thru this setup.

Shift+F7 seems to start the recording process and ESC does stop it.  The msg7.wav is/was created but it does not contain any audio.

Here are the settings in Writelog Sound. Two Radio on One Device:

    xmit(s) from PC         Speakers (Realtek High Defini)
    DVK mic                   Microphone (Realtek High Defini)
    rec(s) to PC                Line In (Realtek High Definitio)

To check that the audio path from the computer to the radio was working, I did copied a wav file (kc4hw.wav) from a previous event into the Writelog WaveFiles directory and then edited the F4 Message for <kc4hw.wav>.  This wave file plays back to the radio and over the air.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jim/KC4HW