[WriteLog] REMOTE ON or DTR control (Using writelog remote)

Robert woodr90 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 13:24:37 EDT 2020

Software question

I am in process of DIY / Homebrew the physical links to K3 for remote ON

Hardware is a repurposed W3YY board

http://www.w3yy.com/fsk.htm

this board gets three optically isolated outputs for control

TXD, DTR and RTS from FTDI USB to RS232 adaptor

What is missing from the project is software at that can key TXD/DTR/RTS.

I have used WSJT and it's setup to fire (Test button) those lines but that's
very cumbersome

Or set writelog to PC generated CW and fire a single "T" to turn rig on

The control software to fire TXD/DTR/RTS can reside on computer at Rig as
going to remote to the PC after power failure or starting operation before
bringing up writelog to operate remote.

73 W5AJ

Robert

Midland, Texas