[WriteLog] ARRL 160m CW Module

Wayne support at writelog.com
Wed Dec 9 10:14:35 EST 2020

> With at least the ARRL 160 CW contest module, it is
> possible to type in a callsign, hit the spacebar which moves you to the SEC
> field, and if you accidentally use the right arrow key, you can fill in the
> SEC hit enter and WL accepts the contact.  The big problem is if you don't
> put the first letter of say EPA in the correct spot, WL will take it but not
> record it.
You can change this behavior using WriteLog's menu item
Contest/Exchange-Format-Setup. In the left most column (labeled
"Exchange Fields") click on the "SECT" entry. The "Required" check box
by default is OFF. Click it ON.

Then OK.

File/Save to keep this change for the next time you open this .wl file.

That module is old enough I cannot remember why the default for that
check box is OFF. It feels like it should be ON. But the default is OFF
for all recent versions of WriteLog, which means you must go through the
above procedure after every File/New to create an ARRL 160m log.

Wayne