[WriteLog] FTdx 5000 low monitor audio

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Wed Dec 16 19:33:41 EST 2020

FTdx5000 monitor audio is a function of the transceiver.  The FTdX5000
Operating Manual - page 81 only references Monitor in LSB/USB/AM/FM
there is no reference as far as I can find to a Monitor function for
RTTY/AFSK-based DATA operation.   I suggest you contact Yaesu about
a "RTTY/Data monitor" capability.

DK II does not have a separate "sound card monitor" function.  You
can connect a *powered speaker* to the u2R Out jack to hear the output
of the sound card but that is not a supported configuration.  A non-
amplified speaker will not work and will result in "hot mic" type
operation.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV