[WriteLog] Set baud rate to 115200 for Kenwood TS-590sg??

support at writelog.com support at writelog.com
Sun Jan 5 23:40:03 EST 2020

> How do I set the baud rate for the radio comms to 115200?
There is not such an entry in the WriteLog gui. (There will be a future
release.)

However, if you use WriteLog Setup/Options/Ports to set it to some other
rate, then Setup/Save-Cnnfiguration, Exit and, on starting again, use
WriteLog's startup screen "Settings" button for "Edit" and then track
down the setting you made before and change it to the baud rate you want
I think it will stay until you do another Setup/Save-configuration.

Regarding the Kenwood TS-590. It has a USB-DATA mode that is appropriate
for FT4/FT8. None WriteLog's current batch of Kenwood drivers detects
that, so they report USB as the mode. If you happen to be using
DigiRite, that report of USB isn't an issue if you don't have it shift
the VFO.

But there's more. The TS-590 rig introduced a difference in Kenwood's
command that WL has used (for decades!) to assert PTT. That command in
the TS-590 now not only asserts PTT, but also commands the rig to read
its sound from either its mic connector or its USB sound card. (Why it
wasn't good enough to set this up from the front panel and not break
existing applications, I don't know, ask Kenwood. WriteLog is broken
w.r.t the '590 and a new rig driver is required.)

The upshot is that the next WriteLog beta will have a new "Rig Type"
selection for the Kenwood TS-590 that takes care of the issues above
that I know about.

There are other issues that I would like to resolve on the TS-590 w.r.t.
what settings control where it gets its incoming audio for SSB
transmission (mic jack or USB sound card) and whether there are commands
that tell WL which of its PTT flavors is required, etc. etc. etc. Anyone
interested in beta testing a WL rig driver for the 590 please contact
support at writelog.com.

Wayne