[WriteLog] SO2R, Writelog and Navigator.

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Fri Jul 24 10:25:55 EDT 2020

I am curious what is a Navigator?  Also having two separate radios
each with their own antennas seems dangerous as they can both wind up
on the same band and overload a receiver.

John KK9A - W4AAA

Mike Streeter wm5dx wrote:

I have been running RTTY using Writelog and Navigators for a very long
time, but have been unsuccessful in many attempts to set up to operate
as SO2R using my stations. I have two Elecraft K3's, two Navigators
and I want to use only one PC so I don't have to use 2 keyboards and
monitors. (K3's set to FSK-D). Each radio has its own tower and yagi
so I don't need automatic band switching.
I am able to run RTTY on each radio individually on the PC but when I
set up Writelog to for SO2R and  try to run SO2R the Navigators will
not work as I think they should. I have 8 ports assigned to station 1
and 8 different ports assigned to station 2.
Over the years I have become very familiar with changing port settings
and other peculiarities of rtty but this one baffles me.
I suspect that no-one has yet done this successfully, if any one has
please let me know how to configure the software and Navigators.
Thanks for reading, Mike, WM5DX.