[WriteLog] WPX with 2 radios 2 keyboards question

Wayne, W5XD w5xd at writelog.com
Thu Jun 11 15:12:27 EDT 2020

> -a) if I call spotted station with Left keyboard - Left radio is keyed as
> should be
> but - if I don't call that station immediately but want to continue CQ with
> Right radio and press F1 on Right keyboard - Left radio is keyed! Both
> keyboards work for Left radio now.
I suspect you have Entry Window Options, "Entry Keyboards" set to
"Columns with keyboard assignments". If I am correct about that, then
your "F1 on Right keyboard" will not move the keyboard focus to its
Entry Window if the previous key you typed was also on the Right
keyboard (because, per the documentation for "keyboard assignments" only
the FIRST keypress on a DIFFERENT keyboard moves the keyboard focus).

If you use the "Columns with keyboard on each keypress" then the Right
F1 will ALWAYS transmit on the right radio. Be aware this mode also
makes it impossible to use the L keyboard to type into the R Entry
Window, even if you have the arrow keys assigned to move the keyboard focus.

Wayne