[WriteLog] Can't get Rttyrite CW to send CW via F-Key's

Don AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 16 13:57:47 EDT 2020

 Hi Steve.
I am not convinced that Rttyrite will send CW. It is my belief, and I could be wrong, that you can only receive CW in the Rttyrite window. I say this because of what I read in the WriteLog help file under "CW for Rttyrite".
There is only one mention of transmitting CW in this section where it says "The WriteLog CW Receiver screen automatically appears when you select the CW mode. The frequency display is the top left panel. It always displays the frequency ranges +/- 250Hz from a center frequency shown by the light blue vertical bar in the very. The yellow vertical bar shows your receive frequency. You can set the center (transmit) frequency in WRITELOG.INI using the CW_XMIT_FREQ setting.[Rttyrite]
CW_XMIT_FREQ=750"So I think this refers to using the CW_XMIT_FREQ command to determine the center frequency of the CW receiver. That's what I get out of it.
Since we are talking about WL receiving CW, I want to say that I believe the WriteLog CW decoder is much better than using Rttyrite. With Rttyrite, the CW signal has to be close to the center frequency of the decoder in order to copy. With the WL CW decoder, signals can be off frequency a bit on either side of the center frequency and it will still decode.
The advantage of using Rttyrite to receive CW is that you can make the font size larger to see.
Don AA5AU