[WriteLog] Can't get Rttyrite CW to send CW via F-Key's

Steve Nordahl ns3l at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 17 07:18:05 EDT 2020

 I want to thank you all for getting back to me with your comments.. Inadvertently, I failed to mention that this did in fact work in the past.. Let me explain..

I've been using Writelog now for 7 years. I originally set it up and tied it together using MMTTY and the MMTTY Plug in. During that time I worked plenty of RTTY & CW contests and was able to send the preprogrammed messages in Writelog. Flawlessly... So let me say this, I may have erred in my initial question about Rttywrite doing the F-key transmission in CW mode. I should have acknowledged that Writelog, along with using Rttyrite to read & I believe MMTTY's plug in was handling the F-Key Message Tx'ing. What I was using up until I think late last year was MMTTY's plug in, At some point I read that their plug in was no longer supported and I had to convert to use XMMT. I can't remember when I noticed the break, but by coincidence when I switched to XMMT the problem with the CW F-keys started. Jim K0XU mentioned in one comment that it did work. If not taking him out of context I have to believe that 100 percent. I know.. It worked in the past so what has changed? Also, this is not about what reader works best, that's everyones choice.. I agree the Writelog CW reader works fine and may be better for some, but it scrolls to fast for me. I like how Rttyrite's highlighting of the calls that Rttyrite does. To me it's more simplified one click and I can work it... The reader in Rttyrite works fine and with my old eyes makes things more productive for me. So, can I go back and still use MMTTY's plug in? Is this where the break occurred? Do I really need XMMT?