[WriteLog] NV QSO Party

Alan Zack k7acz at cox.net
Sun Oct 25 02:58:21 EDT 2020

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hope this is not a DUPE. For whatever reason, unknown to me, when using MS Outlook, when I try to send a email or make a reply my email gets rejected by the writelog server. So I am resending it via MS Mail which I normally never use. This is a new problem as I have been able to make posts for over 10 years.

To me the major concern is that it would not accept the ARRL Sections. As you noted it is set up for states as the MULT but should be by sections. When someone would send SJV, SDG, ORG, LAX, EWA, ENY, NNJ, MDC, NTX, STX, etc etc as they should WL would reject them. I didn't see a work around other than keep a written log on paper and correct the final log before submission but that would be a lot of work. I speak from experience. I started contesting before computers. Back then we used a paper log with separate DUPE sheets for each band that we checked before answering a CQ to be sure it was not a DUPE. You can see my 1960's Heathkit contest station on my QRZ.COM page. A real PITA but not as bad as using RTTY from the cockpit of a C-130. I had several tapes I could run thru the ASR-32 tape reader for my position reporting, etc. Then the flite mech would come up into the cockpit bringing coffee or box lunches and plant his size 12 boots on my tape as it was running. Fun, Fun. I could tune onto the API/UPI Intl HF freqs and print out a daily newspaper as we traveled all over the world.

Alan K7ACZ