[WriteLog] FW: Mouse Wheel no longer adjusting frequency

Keith Beebe W3KB keith at w3kb.net
Thu Apr 8 22:36:47 EDT 2021

Looks like I may have solved the problem.

It was a Com Port - Stop Bit issue.

I have three programs that use CAT control.....Writelog, DX4WIN and WSJT-X.

My overall Com 3 port used for CAT control was set for Stop Bits 2.

Writelog and WSJT-X were set for Stop Bits 2.

DX4WIN doesn't have the ability to set Stop Bits so I assume it ran on 1.

So, if I was running DX4WIN, stopped it and switched to Writelog  it apparently kept the port at 1 but Writelog was set to 2 and it didn't like that....so the Mouse Wheel would not fine tune the CAT.

Bottom line:  everything: the Com port, Writelog, WSJT-X and DX4WIN are all now set to Stop Bit 1 and all programs seem to be working including the ability to use the Mouse Wheel to fine tune on Writelog.

Now that was "fun" to figure out.

Keith W3KB