[WriteLog] Hawaii QSO Party Aug 28-30

Alan Maenchen ad6e at arrl.net
Mon Aug 2 03:10:46 EDT 2021

Coming soon!

I've been struggling with allowing FT8/4 in HQP for a couple of years. This
year, I made a significant effort to allow the use of grid squares instead
of the usual mult names for HQP in order to allow FT digital. This year HQP
overlaps WW Digi so making the exchange compatible was even more important.
So far, so good. I have software now that can, with reasonable accuracy,
determine the correct mult name for any given grid square. It's not
perfect, but for a QSO Party, it's good enough.

Now for the problem: Writelog HI QSO module only allows a 2 or 3 character
QTH name. A grid square has four. I don't think it's important for WL to
determine what mult a grid equates to, but it IS important to be able to
log grids with DR.

Any chance this can be fixed before the event?

TIA & Aloha, Alan  AD6E / KH6TU
HQP Chairman
https://www.hawaiiqsoparty.org/