[WriteLog] TU NOW MESSAGE

Ed W0YK ed at w0yk.com
Sat Jan 2 06:56:26 EST 2021

I do it with the following message:     TU %C, NOW %LThis is F8, mapped to SEMICOLON.   My normal Run Exchange message is F5, mapped to APOSTROPHE.  Thus,  all I do is tap SEMICOLON and APOSTROPHE in rapid succession, then turn my attention to a second radio or the other VFO for SO2V.  The other stations on frequency print:     TU AA5AU,  NOW     W5AJ 599 CA CANormally, I'm not doing this but just sending F6, my Run QSL message which is sent by ENTER, since I use ESM.  Thus, all three keys are adjacent to each other and they are all I use for 99% of my Run QSOs. For S&P, my call is mapped to OPEN SQUARE BRACKET and my S&P Exchange is mapped to CLOSE SQUARE BRACKET.  Thus, my S&P messages are all right above my 3 Run messages. 73,Ed W0YK
-------- Original message --------From: "Robert Wood, P.E. (retired)" <woodr90 at gmail.com> Date: 1/1/21  23:14  (GMT-08:00) To: WriteLog at contesting.com Subject: [WriteLog] TU NOW MESSAGE This question deals with TU but not calling CQ instead working next stationin Que I have the "=" key setup in writelog to pop next callsign from QUE  should be a means to use the = key board shortcut in message such that apreprogrammed message could look likeLET'S ASSUME THAT %= would Do that %R TU %L NOW %= %C 599 TX TX %E did try %= in a message, it does pop from the QUE but the message sent is amess..also appears that what callsign is in entry field for RTTY is the one sentfor that Message using %C (doesn't read in next call) QUESTION:is there method for one message to send TU or %C TU, the callsign that of the station being logged Then the message pops from QUE and sends NOWThen sends the new callsign in entry window and report otherwise it's three keystrokes (seems)TU messageKey to pop from queThen use report message to send report to next callsign   73 W5AJ  RobertMidland, Texashttp://w5aj.eqth.net/Infinity.pdf _______________________________________________WriteLog mailing listWriteLog at contesting.comhttp://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/writelogWriteLog on the web:  http://www.writelog.com/