[WriteLog] RU problem

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Mon Jan 4 08:52:38 EST 2021

So your logging software controls your Elecraft amp?  Can't you
connect the KPA-5000 directly to your Yaesu so you do not need to have
the computer on to operate?  I believe that the KPA-1500 also as RF
detection so it can switch automatically with nothing connected except
the relay control and of course RF in.

John
KK9A - W4AAA in 2021 RU

Courtney Judd k4wi wrote:

This week end turned into a really head scratcher for me. First I am
using FTdx5000MP, KPA-1500, microHam Keyer2 with software being general
logging=DX4WIN(9.0.9.1259)+MMTTY, contesting= Writelog(12.44)+MMTTY,
router (9.3.4) and WIN 10 pro. This combination worked flawlessly up to
Friday when I saw that Elecraft did a firmware update for the KPA1500 to
Ver 2.48 which I did.... what possibly could go wrong... yeah!
Everything works as it should with DX4WIN but Saturday I started the
contest with Writelog and that's when I discovered the amp no longer
wanted to follow the rig. I went thru everything in Writelog and the
menu in the KPA1500. But when I change bands by button push on the 5000
the amp starts flipping back and forth. In Writelog PORTS menu I
unchecked POLL for the rig and that seemed to help but then the rig no
longer changed freq with the dial. Just couldn't sort this out so closed
Writelog and opened DX4WIn.... everything works like normal.... amp
follows rig as usual.... went back to Writelog and same problem. There
is no difference in the Router software for either program so what is
different? Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks and 73's Cort K4WI